Delta State University
SSC 470/570: Methods of Social Research
Spring Semester 2006
Accessing Additional Readings
Kubrin, C.E. (2005). Gangstas, thugs, and hustlas: Identity and the code of the street in rap music. Social Problems, 52(3), 360–378.
(1) From the DSU homepage, click on
the "Libraries" tab at the top of the page
(2) On the page titled "Library Services," click on "Electronic Databases" at the bottom of the page or in the column on the left
(3) Open the pull-down menu labeled "Quick Jump to a Database," and click on "Academic Search Premier"
(4) Click on the heading "EBSCOhost Web"
(5) Make sure the "Academic Search Premier" box is checked, then click on the button that says "Continue" at the top of the page
(6) In the box next to "Find" at the top of the page, type in "Gangstas" and hit the button to the right that says "Search"
(7) Scroll down to the reference for "Ganstas, Thugs and Hustlas: Identity and the Code of the Street in Rap Music," and click on the link that says "Linked Full Text"
(8) Once the page with the article has opened, you can print the article by clicking on the button that says "Print" on the toolbar above the article. You can download the article by clicking on the button that says "Save A Copy" on the same toolbar.