Delta State University
SSC 470/570: Methods of Social Research
Fall Semester 2004
Accessing Additional Readings
Follow the instructions to access each of
Curtis, James E., Douglas E. Baer, and Edward G. Grabb. 2001. Nation of Joiners: Explaining Voluntary Association Membership in Democratic Societies. American Sociological Review 66(6):783–805.
(1) From the DSU homepage, click on
"Library Services," in the bottom right corner under "Departmental Info."
(2) On the Library homepage, click on "Full Text Electronic Journals" near the bottom of the left-hand column.
(3) On the page titled "Full Text Electronic Journal Holdings," make sure you are on the page for journals beginning with "A," then scroll down and find American Sociological Review. To the right of this, click on the link that says "JSTOR Arts and Sciences I Collection."
(4) On the JSTOR American Sociological Review page, click on the link that says "Browse this journal."
(5) On the page titled "Volumes available for browsing," click on the link that says "Vols. 61 - 66."
(6) On the page titled "Issues available for browsing in Vols. 61 - 66," scroll down to the bottom. Under the heading for "Vol. 66 (2001)," click on the link that says "No. 6" (for the issue Dec., 2001, pp. i-ii+783-942).
(7) On the page titled "American Sociological Review, Vol. 66, No. 6, Dec., 2001," find the link for the article titled "Nations of Joiners: Explaining Voluntary Association Membership in Democratic Societies." You can click on this link to read the title on-line. To print the article, click on the link below the title that says "Print," and follow the instructions. To download the article, click on the link below the title that says "Download" and follow the instructions.