Delta State University
Summer I Semester 2004
Study Questions, Week 5
|Printer Friendly Version|
for the Week:
Impacts of a Growing Population
Readings for the Week:
John C. Caldwell. 2000. Rethinking the African AIDS Epidemic. Population and Development Review 26(1):117−135.
(1) What approaches have been successful at controlling the AIDS epidemic?
(2) Explain the conditions in Africa that favor the AIDS epidemic. What specific factors have produced the African epidemic?
(3) Why has the AIDS epidemic persisted in Africa, while it has been controlled elsewhere? What role does education play in controlling the AIDS epidemic?
(4) Given the degree of the AIDS crisis in Africa, why is it not discussed publicly?
(5) What action must be taken to curb the African AIDS epidemic?